Location of Capri by Fraser Hotel
Once known as Les Glories Barcelona, the site where Capri by Fraser Barcelona is situated has been refurbished into a hip business district and is much sought after for its central locality. Just three metro stops away from the city centre are key destinations such as the Casa Batlló and Casa Milà (both declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO) and the world-renowned Museo Picasso.
Capri by Fraser, Barcelona / Spain
Sancho de Avila 34 Barcelona
Tel: +34 93 3208735
Fax: +34 93 3209395
Take the bus to the beach if you prefer not to walk
Take a ride on the tram, you can use it with the T10 ticket, same for bus, train and metro
Metro Bogatell L4-Yellow
This metro entrance is just 6 minutes from our hotel and you can reach Passeig de Gracia un only 5 stops
Metro Marina L1-Red
This metro entrance is just 5 minutes walk and it takes you to Plaza Catalunya in only 3 stops
Fonda del Port Olimpic Restaurant
Feel like paella? Enjoy one in this Mediterranean style restaurant on the port, we can help you with the reservation
A big mall with 200 shops, restaurants, cinemas and a bowling
You will discover a monumental waterfall, XIX century buildings, a lake for rowing boats rides , walks and numerous sculptures. Enjoy!
A Zoo in the center of Barcelona! Child-friendly features include a farmyard zoo, pony rides, picnic areas and two excellent playgrounds
Looking for an ATM? Here is one option
Looking for an ATM? Here is one option
Marco Aldany - hairdressing
A high end salon without the pretense to look your best and feel even better from head to toe
Need something from the pharmacy? This is the closest one
Hospital del Mar
We hope you don't need it but if any urgency this is the closest hospital
Nice to know where to find it specially if you are from Germany!
Is a 100% family-owned Spanish supermarket company with good quality and good prices
This is much more than just sandwiches and a cheesecake shop
Sonora Sport Tabern
American sports wooden tavern with large screens , that serves burgers and tapas, a good option to see your favourite sports!
Glòries Shopping Mall
You will find shops, restaurants, cinema and supermarket all in the same mall just a short walk from our hotel
Facilities, Amenities and Services within the vicinity
- Convenience store – 6 minutes by foot – 450 m
- Supermarket – 10 minutes by foot – 800 m
- Shopping Mall (Las Glories) – 14 minutes by foot – 1.2 km
- Food Market (Mercat del Fort Pienc) – 9 minutes by foot – 700 m
- Market (Encants Nous) – 7 minutes by foot – 550 m
- Optician’s Shop – 12 minutes by foot – 950 m
- Hairdresser – 6 minutes by foot – 500 m
- Kiosk / Newsstand – 7 minutes by foot – 550 m
- Florist – 6 minutes by foot – 450 m
- Laundry – 15 minutes by foot – 1.5 km
- Pharmacy – 4 minutes by foot – 350 m
- Petrol Station – 6 minutes by foot – 500 m
- Bank (La Caixa) – 7 minutes by foot – 550 m
- GYM / Sports Centre – 10 minutes by foot – 750 m
- Bike Rental – 11 minutes by foot – 900 m
- Correos / Post Office – 11 minutes by foot – 950 m
- Movie Theater – 14 minutes by foot – 1.2 km
- Clinic (Centre Medic Poblenou) – 18 minutes by foot – 1.5 km
- Hospital del Mar – 26 minutes by foot – 2.1 km
How to get to Capri by Fraser, Barcelona
Barcelona El Prat airport is located 17km away, less than a 30-minute ride from the hotel residence.
Take C-31 towards Barcelona, turning right on Lepanto street. Following that, turn left on Sancho de Avila. Capri by Fraser is on the right.
The Aerobús begins and ends its route in Plaza Catalunya, and makes frequent stops throughout the city of Barcelona. The stop at Plaza Espanya is where it connects with Metro lines 1 & 3.
Line 10 of the Renfe railway system links the airport to Barcelona, with an estimated journey time of 20 minutes.
Marina station (5-minute walk from Capri by Fraser).
Barcelona lies on Spain’s northern Mediterranean coast and is the capital of Catalonia. This cosmopolitan city has become one of Europe’s most popular short break destinations, thanks to its location, vibrant street life, spectacular Gaudi architecture, Mediterranean cuisine - and not forgetting its football team!
After a hectic day, spend the day recovering on one of Barcelona's sandy beaches, which are a short stroll from the city centre. Capri by Fraser Barcelona is only moments away from beaches and cultural sites, via Metro.
Essential Facts about the Barcelona
The official languages in Barcelona are Catalan and Spanish.
The winter local time in Spain is referred to as Greenwich Mean Time + 1 (GMT+1). The summer local time in Spain is referred to as Greenwich Mean Time + 2 (GMT+2).
Citizens from EU countries do not need a visa, whatever the length of stay.
For other nationalities and visitors who plan to stay longer than 90 days, a visa is necessary. Visit http://www.exteriores.gob.es for more information.
The Euro (€) is used in Spain.
The standard VAT rate for hotels is 10%.
Tipping is not commonly practiced in Spain.
Mondays to Fridays, 10:00 to 14:00 hours
Saturdays and Sundays, closed
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 20:00 hours (with a 2-hour lunch break between 14:00 hours and 16:00 hours)
Shops and department stores, may vary but mostly:
Mondays to Saturdays: 09:30 to 14:00 hours, and 16:30 to 20:00 hours
The Spanish country code is 34.
The electrical current in Spain is 220V/50Hz.
Public holidays in Spain and Catalunya include:
- New Year's Day: 1st January
- Epiphany: 6th January
- St George's Day: 23rd April
- Labour Day: 1st May
- Saint John the Baptist Day: 24th June
- Assumption of Mary: 15th August
- Day of Catalonia: 11th September
- Hispanic Day: 12th October
- All Saints Day: 1st November
- Constitution Day: 6th December
- Immaculate Conception: 8th December
- Christmas Day: 25th December